...so I went to see the teacher who runs the gardening club who told me that it had been donated by another teacher who no longer wanted it and that he had no plans for it either. He said it would most probably be thrown away.
So...I rescued it and decided to give it the Graphic 45 treatment and turn it into a sort of bird house - complete with nest.
With the addition of some Clematis twigs from my garden, polystyrene balls, florist's wire, wooden dowel, Spanish moss, hot glue, green ink and several hours of fussy cutting...this is what I came up with...
and here's the other side...
I have tons of photos, so rather than put them all on here, I have put them into a video which includes a small amount of info on how some of the different parts were made...enjoy!
I'm thinking of doing a tutorial for how to make the 'aliums' (the ones that look like big lollipops!) - they were great fun to do.
I hope you liked my project - I'd love a comment if you have time.