Arty-Forty

Thursday 23 May 2013

Secret Garden #2

Ok - so here is my next project with the Secret Garden papers from Graphic 45. Of course, The Secret Garden is a book by Frances Hodgson Burnett and the papers have quotes from the book. So, I decided I had to create a book which contained a secret garden. The library at school were throwing away a load of old hardback books (they cull the old and least borrowed books every now and then) rather than see them end up in a skip, I rescued them and this one was the perfect shade of blue to turn into my secret garden.
Here's the outside...
Layered and tattered papers and handcut flowers make for an interesting cover. The spine and back are the blue paper which has 'Secret Garden' written all over it.
As you open up the book you see little pieces of green string which pull up the two stand up cards and hold garlands of flowers...
 
Looking down into the book you can see the recess I cut in the pages and how it is now filled with a selection of bought, hand cut, die cut, punched and home made flowers...

Here's a close up of the flower detail...
 
Thanks for looking, more Secret Garden projects to follow.
 
Jane
x

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate your feedback.