Arty-Forty

Saturday 14 August 2010

Sunny Challenge Saturday

Well it's a gorgeous hot sunny day here in Dunfermline (rare for Scotland!) and for the first time I am blogging outside while three of the cats play in the garden and two (Claudia and Skye both females in season) enjoy the great outdoors from the safety of their enclosure. Today has been a day of challenges...First of all I managed to finish off Chicken soup recipe #6, it's based on this picture...
I used the scallops, and the pink colouring and the rough placement of text and picture to create my LO - I was pleased with how the pink turned out - it's just 'Worn lipstick' distress ink smudged onto the paper using a sheet of acetate as an edge mask. The lettering is cut out with my Craft Robo
Anyway here's my LO...


Then I powered straight onto recipe #7 which was posted last night...
I liked the idea of the mattresses as stripes - a few of the DT used this idea too, anyway I also had a 'stripy' photo of Claudia sitting in a patch of sunlight so, this is my interpretation...


Finally it was 'trifecta' time for the Design Dollies, the colour challenge was to use yellow, white and kraft; the elements challenge was to be inspired by a tv theme song - I chose the 70s and early 80s show 'Three's company' - remember that one? In fact there's a UK and a US version of the show - I know them both as I used to watch repeats of the US show on TV in Hong Kong. "Come and knock on our door...we've been waiting for you...where the kisses are hers and hers and his...three's company too..."

So I decided to use photos I snapped of our 3 bengals a couple of days ago - Roxy is lying on the floor, Claudia came up and started washing her, then Skye came up and started washing Claudia.Oh and of course to make it the 'trifecta' I used the sketch, though to make it work better to my photos I shifted the photo and paper cluster to the right hand side.

I'd already used my last piece of pure white Bazzill so I decided to scrap this on a slightly bigger than A4 sized canvas. I'm pleased with the result and being yellow it will go beautifully on my kitchen wall...
I decided since it was a canvas I could afford to make it a bit more 3D than usual - here's a side view...

In the last two LOs I was also able to use a couple of the bits and pieces that Karen sent me as my blog hop prize. Thanks again, Karen!
My next challenge is to focus my mind enough to write my history lesson planner for teaching a term of 'Victorian Britain'... maybe I'll just read a couple of blogs first though...?






6 comments:

  1. Delicious layouts for the Soup challenges!! Love the yellow one too! Very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the Trifecta! Those lyrics bring back so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, your layouts are fabulous! I'm so thrilled you were able to put some of the RAK items to good use. The Tattered Angels tag looks amazing in yellow! Thanks for joining in the Dollies and for rocking the trifecta!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the canvas, it's gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your kitty cat pages! give us MORE! :) we might just have another challenge or two once in a while that will hopefully inspire you. hee hee.

    thanks for joining the Dollies - this is one ROCKIN' trifecta, girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate your feedback.